Saturday, January 1, 2011

$10 Tote

I was at Wal-Mart the other day looking for some fabric to work on a little project when I found little packs of fabric. They were really cute patterns, and included two 1-yard pieces that complimented each other. The pack was only $10!

So, I set out to start a little project. I decided to make myself a little tote bag. It turned out pretty cute (and sturdy) so I thought I'd share. (sorry the pictures were taken very quickly and are kinda bland)

I put the shoes by the bag in the picture for size comparison.

I made the straps with the same fabric as the lining of the bag, and I used my favorite decorative stitch on my new machine to secure it in place. I also put pockets on both sides of the inside of the bag (these are great for my phone and keys).

If you would like any tips on how to make your $10 tote just comment on the post and let me know!

No comments: