Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's been a while!

Where to start...

Well, a lot has happened since I last updated this blog! I'm still not sure why I'm updating now; I guess I just got a bit of an urge to.

The biggest thing going on right now is probably planning the wedding, Ben proposed on July 28, 2009 (over a year ago now!) and we have the wedding planned for May 14, 2011! I have been counting down the days for a while now, and I am ecstatic. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us. I wish that I could somehow get inside every teenage girl's head and let her know that God has one special guy out there that he created and is preparing just for her, and that he will be the perfect guy for her. I am so glad that I decided to turn over relationships to God and wait on the guy he was preparing for me. I know without a doubt that Ben is the man that God has been preparing for me, since before I was even born! It is so amazing to think that God had it all planned out, and all I had to do was wait on him to reveal Ben to me. (what a great day that was!) I am blessed beyond measure, and I am continually in awestruck by my God.

Besides the wedding, I am keeping extremely busy with school. This is the final year... and then, school is over... FOREVER! woohoo! It used to seem so far away, and now it is almost here. I am absolutely loving the Radiation Therapy program, and I can't wait to be done with school and find a job. Classes do keep me busy, and it does get a bit stressful; it is totally worth it though. OH, and Ben is at Liberty University.. he just decided to switch his major to Biblical Studies (Youth Ministry). We are starting out on a journey... one that I'm sure will continue to amaze us. I knew that God had great plans for us, and I look forward to seeing everything fall into place. After we are married, and I finish school in July, we will be moving into an apartment up in Lynchburg for him to finish his degree. I'm praying that God will allow me to find a therapy job at the hospital there, and I would appreciate all the prayers I can get! I know that God will provide for us no matter what though.

I think all of that is the biggest news as far as changes, but other things going on right now include my small photography business that I started (Hope Lauren Photography - you can search on facebook for it :P) (http://hopelaurenphotography.webs.com) and that I will be joining the Gospel Baptist missions team on the mission's trip to Jamaica this year. I am very excited about this opportunity to serve God and the people of Jamaica. I am looking forward to seeing all of the marvelous things that God will accomplish through our team this year, and I can't wait to share the stories with everyone. I am praying that God will help to prepare me and my heart to serve in whatever capacity he may lead me to serve in while in Jamaica. I want to be open and ready so that God can use me to touch someone and show them God's truth. God has been so good to me and I just want to spread the joy that he has given me. I would appreciate all the prayers I can get for the trip, and I'm sure the rest of the team would appreciate them too!

I guess that's all for now... I'll try to keep this updated a little more often :P

Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments: