Saturday, November 26, 2011

Why Tomorrow?

A thought that has been going through my mind the last few days has been why we as Christians are always waiting on tomorrow. We say we want to do things for the Lord, and that we want to have a deeper relationship with Christ, but we constantly put it off.

God is presently, in this very moment, seeking a deeper relationship with us. He is reaching out his hand and asking us to come to Him with all of our worries, struggles, and requests. He wants to be there to help us through these situations and wants us to fully rely on him. He is ready to show Himself in our daily lives and give us a deeper understanding of Him through experiencing who He is. So why, why are we waiting for tomorrow?

I love the lyrics to Mandisa's song "Waiting for Tomorrow" that go right along with this thought.

Can't spend my whole life wastin'
Everything I know I've been given
'Cause you've made me for so much more than
Sittin' on the side lines
I don't wanna look back and wonder
If good enough could've been better 
Oh, I'm makin this my moment now
I'm gonna grab the hand that's reachin down
And I'm not gonna wait until tomorrow

Let's make this very moment, right now, the moment where we jump in full force and give our lives to God. Let's take hold of His hand and enjoy the relationship that He wants to have with us. Let's show his love to others and not just go about our daily mundane lives... because when God is leading your life there is nothing mundane about it!

I will not let my life continue as mundane, but instead I will spend time with God daily and seek to share His love with others that may cross my path.

Will you wait for tomorrow, or will you make this very moment your moment?

No comments: