Monday, November 8, 2010

12 days

In twelve days the short term missions team from Gospel Baptist Church will be leaving for Canterbury, Jamaica. We will be there for a week doing various things with the Jamaican people, such as: VBS, service projects, and going to the orphanage. I am very excited about this trip, and though I feel that I don't have much to offer, I'm going to hand over all that I have to God and ask that he will use me to reach someone in Jamaica. My prayer for this trip is that God would help not only me, but the team as a whole to let go of the things that we may have in our minds as being right, or what we are supposed to do (based on our plans) and be open to his leading. I want to be able to do things that I feel God leading me to do, even when it doesn't necessarily make sense to me. I want to have an open heart that is sensitive to God's small whispers.


Please pray for me, the missions team, and the people in Jamaica. Pray in the days leading up to the trip that God would prepare the people's hearts, and prepare the team for the trip ahead. Pray during the week of the trip that God would keep us sensitive to his leading and that we would remember that his blessings often come through the things that don't turn out "perfect" in our eyes, instead of when everything goes as planned. Pray that the people of Jamaica would have tender hearts and that they would realize their need for Jesus and ask him into their heart as Lord and Savior.

Your prayers are appreciated!

Phillipians 4:6,7
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." NLT

Check out the Gospel Baptist Church Missions Blog!

No comments: